NBCU MediaVillage follows Associated Press Style.
Incoming assets to MV should be modified to follow AP Style as needed.
Check photo air dates, show description & credits, bios, etc. Do not modify incoming releases for style, but missing punctuation, spaces or other typos can be corrected. Reach out to the sender/publicity team as necessary.
Below are AP style points most relevant to the site:
Applicable in: Show Form Air Date Field, Show Description, Show Credits Page, Photo Air Date Field
- Dates – Do not use st, nd, rd, or th after numbers.
- Days of the Week – Capitalize and spell out completely.
- Months - Always capitalize. Spell out the month unless it is used with a date, in which case abbreviate the following months as indicated:
- Time of Day Indicator – use “a.m.” or “p.m.” as appropriate. Do not use indicator after both times in a date range if the indicator is the same for both.
- Do not include :00 on the hour in air dates.
- Noon/Midnight – Use the appropriate indicator in lower case instead of using 12 a.m. or 12 p.m. or 12 noon or 12 midnight.
- NBCU uses “ET” as the default times on the site. Telemundo prefers to also include Central time (“C”) in their air times.
Mondays on NBC (9-10 p.m. ET); Series Premiere: Jan. 8
Thursdays on NBC (8-8:30 p.m. ET)
Fridays on NBC (11:30-midnight ET)
Sundays on Telemundo (8-9 p.m. ET / 7-8 p.m. CT)
Cities / States
Applicable in: Release Dateline, Show Form Air Date Field, Show Credits, Photo Air Date Field
- When the name of a state name appears in the body of a text, spell it out. When the name of a city and state are used together, the name of the state should be abbreviated (except for Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Ohio, Texas, and Utah).
- State Abbreviations:
There are 30 cities that do not need to be accompanied by the name of the state:
|Honolulu||Salt Lake City|
|Las Vegas||San Francisco|
Monday, January 1, 2017 from Boa, Beverly Hills, Calif.
Tuesday, January 2, 2017 from the Intercontinental Hotel, Chicago
Applicable in: Show Title Field, Show Description, Talent and Executive Bios, Network Boilerplate / Description, Corporate Fact Sheet
Show titles in Show Form should be in the correct capitalization (if the show is all caps or initial caps) without quote marks.
Show titles in the text should be with initial caps surrounded by quotes.
Jimmy Fallon is the host of “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on NBC.
EXCEPTION: Show titles that are specifically in all caps
USA presents the second season of “SHOOTER.”
E! brings you a documentary in five parts, “CITIZEN ROSE.”
Applicable in: Talent and Executive Bios
The first reference of a person: use first and last name.
Subsequent references within the same document: Use the last name without courtesy title (Mr., Mrs., Ms., etc.)
Periods and commas always go within the quotation marks in English copy.
Spanish copy will show periods and commas outside quotation marks (for Telemundo, Telemundo Stations).
Do not include the show title or the word “CREDITS” in the show form. The word “Credit” is defaulted to appear on that page.
Day & Time: Tuesdays (10-11 p.m. ET) on USA Network
Series Premiere: February, 27 2017
Starring: Josh Duhamel, Jimmi Simpson, Bokeem Woodbine, Wavyy Jonez, Marcc Rose
Day & Time:
Tuesdays (10-11 p.m. ET) on USA Network
February, 27 2017
Josh Duhamel, Jimmi Simpson, Bokeem Woodbine, Wavyy Jonez, Marcc Rose