Using Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) with TOTP
MediaVillage offers Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) with Time Based, One Time Passwords (TOTP) which requires users logging in to enter their username, password and a TOTP code that needs to match a TOTP application. If the TOTP code doesn’t match, then the user will be denied entry.
Log In Using MFA
After you've set up MFA on your account, you'll follow these steps each time you log in to MediaVillage.
- Log in to MediaVillage using your username and password.
- You will be asked for a 6-digit authentication code.
- Open your authenticator application.
- Enter the 6-digit code to MediaVillage.
- You will then be entered to the MediaVillage app.
If it is your first time logging in with MFA, see below.
First Time MFA Setup
2. Login to MediaVillage using your username and password.
*Please note, when you configure MFA for the first time, your first login to MediaVillage will need to occur on your desktop at www.nbcumv.com using the QR code provided. After your initial setup, you will be all set to login to your preferred MediaVillage platform (Web/iPhone/iPad/Apple TV)
3. Open your authentication app.
4. Select the QR code scanner.
5. Using the authentication app, scan the QR code shown on the MediaVillage web page.
After scanning the QR code, the authentication app will generate a 6-digit code. Enter the code on the MediaVillage login page.
6. Next MediaVillage will provide some backup codes. Be sure to keep them in a safe place.
7. Return to MediaVillage and continue logging in with MFA.
8. Open your authenticator app and enter the 6-digit code in MediaVillage.
9. You will then be entered into MediaVillage.